WELCOME BACK WITH LIMITED SERVICES!
As part of the Governor’s updated Executive Order on June 24th, all members age 11 and up will be required to wear masks when not exercising, inside, and outside. We appreciate your support in helping us stop the spread of COVID-19 so we can fully open our doors.
Even though the Y facility was closed, we’ve had close to 70% of our members continue to be our cause-driven partners and choose to #StayWithUs, because you understand the Y is more than a gym. Thank you for making a difference by being part of the Y family. Through your continued support, and the commitment of our staff, your Harrison Family YMCA has been WIDE OPEN, busy helping to fill gaps to meet needs in our community. Click here to see what we have been doing in our community!
With the Governor’s updated Executive Order on May 20th, our Y opened our doors to members for the pool and outdoor exercise on Monday, June 1st. Our top priority is to put the health and safety of our members and staff at the forefront. We will all have to adjust to a new normal for a while. Our Y must open slowly and in stages to adhere to all guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, and the local health department. Please read below in detail for our Stage 1 Re-opening and thank you for your decision to #StayWithUs! Welcome Back - We can’t wait to see you soon!
COMPLETED WAIVERS WILL BE REQUIRED UPON ENTRY. CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE WAIVER ONLINE.
WHAT IS OPEN & WHEN?
Customer Service Hours in the Facility
Mondays - Fridays 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Water Fitness Classes
Mondays & Wednesdays 3:15 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesdays 11:00am - 11:45am
Thursdays 11:00am - 11:45am
Mondays & Thursdays 7:00am - 7:45am
Lap & Open Swim Reservations
Mondays - Fridays (Times Vary)
*The Rec Pool will be CLOSED from 9 am-11 am for Camp Programming
*The Men's & Women's Locker Rooms is available after pool use. Please use your respective locker room.
Walking Club (click here to register)
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Outdoor Group Exercise Classes:
*If the weather calls for a cancellation, you will be updated via email and we will do our best to offer that class via our Live Facebook Group.
Tabata & Abs
Mondays 7 a.m. - 7:45 a.m.
BODYPUMP/Body Sculpt with Haywood
Mondays 8 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
HIIT with Abs
Tuesdays 7 a.m. - 7:45 a.m.
Yoga with Kathleen
Tuesdays 8 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. & Thursdays 8 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
Power Sculpt with Haywood
Wednesdays 8 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
Zumba with Diane
Fridays 8 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
BODYPUMP with Willie
Mondays 6 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
Zumba/MixxedFit with Diane
Tuesdays 6 p.m. - 6:45 p.m
BODYPUMP with Marvis
Wednesdays 6 p.m. - 6:45 p.m
Cardio HIIT with Willie
Thursdays 6 p.m. - 6:45 p.m
*We will be closed on Saturdays and Sundays during this stage of our re-opening process. These days will be used for deep cleaning.*
FACILITY TIME SLOT RESERVATIONS
You must be an active member to make a reservation for pool time and group exercise classes. All Members must reserve their time for open swim and lap swim in the pool, as well as group exercise classes. Please CAREFULLY review these guidelines to understand the reservation process. All reservations can be made 48 hours prior to the reservation time and the reservation closes 1 hour prior.
- Please be sure to arrive 20 minutes early to your reservation to allow time for checking in.
- Pool reservations will be 40 minutes long.
- Group Exercise Reservations will be 45 minutes long.
How To Make Your Reservation:
- Click here to make your reservation online!
- Reservations can also be done through our app.
Update your Harrison Family YMCA App or download it if you haven't already. When you click on Schedules, you will see all availabilities and can click on that option to register.
- You may also give us a call at 252-972-9622 to make your reservation or confirm your membership is active.
*If you are using an iPhone and having trouble making your reservation, go to Settings > Safari > and make sure both "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking" & "Block All Cookies" settings are DISABLED/unchecked.
We are excited to be able to open these portions of our facility to start the gradual process of reopening to serve members in spirit, mind, and body. As a reminder, all of these available options are for active members only. If you inactivated your membership at any point (including holds), please e-mail email@example.com to make your membership active again. You must reactivate your membership before reserving a time slot. If you are interested in looking at our financial assistance option, please reach out to that same e-mail.
Thank you for supporting your YMCA. We have always adapted to the needs of our community and need your continued help to stay strong and able to serve in new ways. #StayWithUs #BetterTogether
OUTDOOR GROUP EXERCISE DETAILS
Exercise equipment will be provided for you, with the exception of a mat. You are encouraged to bring one to all classes, as there could be sand spurs in the grass.
All equipment is sanitized between each use and wipes will also be available.
If there is bad weather, we will update you on any class cancellations via the e-mail you make your reservation with.
Members will enter through the pool deck through the side door in the lobby. They will exit through the Family Locker Room. All other locker rooms will be closed.
Not all swim lanes will be open to adhere to social distancing guidelines. There will be a sign upon entry onto the pool deck explaining the direction in which you should enter your swim lane.
For the time being, all Open Swim Reservations will occur in the Recreational Pool and all Lap Swim Reservations will occur in the Competition Pool.
Lap Swim vs. Open Swim:
• Lap Swim (Competition Pool) - Organized circle swim with the intent of physical exercise or for competition.
• Open Swim (Recreational Pool) - Recreational swimming that may be used for water walking, water fitness exercises, and family play.
The Recreational Pool will be limited to 3 families or individuals at a time.
Members should be prepared to bring their own equipment (kickboards, pull buoys, fins, water fitness belts, water fitness weights, etc.) as no equipment will be available during this time. We will have Puddle Jumpers and Coast Guard Approved Lifejackets for Open Swim Families (It is preferred to bring your own life jacket, if able to). These items will be used and then placed in a “Yuck Bucket” on deck to be sanitized in between uses.
See the Pool Directional Flow Diagram Below:
MEMBER EXPECTATIONS FOR STAGE 1 RE-OPENING
- Members must first check in by entering through the back entrance of the building near child care.
- Members will be asked for up to date contact information, complete a waiver, temperature check and screening questionnaire describing their current health and possible contact with COVID+ persons. Those answering yes will be deemed to be at-risk will not be allowed to access the facility.
- Members who are considered to be part of a vulnerable population will be discouraged from entering the facility. Please stay home if you do not feel well or have experienced any of the following symptoms: muscle pain, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, cough, fever, chills, and/or headache.
- Members are required to wear a face covering while at our facility, inside and outside. You may remove the mask or face covering while exercising.
- Members should bring their own water bottles for drinking. All water fountains/bottle re-fill stations will be closed. We will also have bottled water available for purchase.
- Locker Rooms are open after pool use only. Members will be able to use the restrooms in the lobby areas.
- All must wash or sanitize their hands upon entry. There will be sanitizing stations in the facility at check-in/check-out and near the pool.
- Members will be required to adhere to all posted signage regarding distancing.
- Members must exit through the front entrance of the building.
- Please remember to make other arrangements for your children under 11, as we cannot provide Child Watch. Click here to register for Summer Day Camp! Open 7am-6pm.
- Members will be required to sign up for a specific time slot for outdoor group exercise and/or swimming to ensure entry at designated times.
OPPORTUNITIES TO STAY HOME AND STAY ACTIVE
We will continue to offer many of our virtual options during this time for those who need to or choose to stay at home during these uncertain times.
Check out our Virtual Activity Room for the kids!
Check out our Virtual Wellness Studio! This includes options for virtual exercise classes, our live Facebook group with our very own group exercise instructors, as well as other health programming online.
BETTER BLENDS JUICE & SMOOTHIE BAR
Better Blends Juice and Smoothie Bar will be open in our cafe starting Monday, June 1st. On June 1st their operating hours will be 11am - 1pm. After June 1st, their operating hours will be 11am - 1pm and 2pm - 4pm.
SAFETY SIGNAGE IN FACILITY
HOW TO CHECK IN TO THE FACILITY & MAKE RESERVATIONS
Outdoor Personal Training
YOUR UNIQUE WORKOUT
The Y’s Personal Training program is designed to meet you where you are and help you achieve results. And now during this challenging time, you can experience Personal Training at its best outdoors! With this program, our certified trainers will build your unique fitness plan and provide one-to-one coaching with tools and personal connection so that you can get the most out of each workout. All sessions will be done outdoors at the YMCA with equipment that is easily accesible to bring out of the facility. Sessions will be scheduled between you and the trainer to ensure the best availability for you both.
For Active Y Members Only. Registration & fee required.
Please bring a mat, towel, and water with you.