IMAGINE AN END TO DIABETES
This program is an extension of the free Diabetes Educational Series that is offered by the Health Department at the YMCA quarterly throughout the year. The curriculum is taught by Diabetes Lifestyle Coaches and teaches participants the following:
- MANAGING BLOOD & A1C LEVELS
- TRACKING FAT AND CALORIE INTAKE
- PRACTICING HEALTHY EATING
- MANAGING STRESS
- EXERCISE, AND MUCH MORE
INFO TO KNOW
- Free & Open to the Community
- Limit of 20 participants per class
- You are not required to take the classes in any sequence. Anyone is encouraged to register for any and all classes they are interested in.
- Registration is required by the Friday before each class
DATES & TIME: 11:00am - 12:30pm
Courses will be offered in-person as well as virtually. In-person location will be the Multi-Purpose Room. If you wish to join virtually, the zoom link will be sent to you ahead of time.
Jan 23rd, 2023 | DON'T SUGAR COAT IT: Learn the difference between Prediabetes, Types 1, 2 and Gestational diabetes
Feb 6th, 2023 | COUNTING CARBS: Understanding healthy eating and carbs counting to control diabetes
Feb 20th, 2023 | GOT A SWEET TOOTH?: Healthy recipes to control diabetes and still enjoy what you are eating
March 6th, 2023 | STAY FIT AND DON’T QUIT: Learn about weight management to control diabetes and hear from a YMCA Special Guest on the importance of exercise
March 20th, 2023 | MEDS & DIABETES: Follow the Doctor’s recommendation on medication to control diabetes
CONTINUATION OF EXERCISE
To encourage all participants to stay on a path of a healthy lifestyle, the YMCA is offering the following:
- Complete all 5 educational topics and receive a 1 Day Free Guest Pass to try the Y!