IMAGINE AN END TO DIABETES
This program is an extension of the free Diabetes Educational Series that is offered by the Health Department at the YMCA quarterly throughout the year. The curriculum is taught by Diabetes Lifestyle Coaches and teaches participants the following:
- MANAGING BLOOD & A1C LEVELS
- TRACKING FAT AND CALORIE INTAKE
- PRACTICING HEALTHY EATING
- MANAGING STRESS
- EXERCISE, AND MUCH MORE
INFO TO KNOW
- Free & Open to the Community
- Limit of 20 participants per class
- You are not required to take the classes in any sequence. Anyone is encouraged to register for any and all classes they are interested in.
- Registration required by the Friday before each class
DATES & TIMES
2nd Monday of each month. During this time, classes will be a virtual learning class and you can use a cell phone or computer to join the class.
December 14th, 2020 | DON’T WORRY, BE HAPPY Effective communication, stress, and depression management to control diabetes This class will be a virtual learning class and you can use a cell phone or computer to join the class. Click here to join the Zoom Presentation https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81150296562?pwd=Q2ErQWkxbzU1Q1ROeXdadWtIL09hQT09. Use the Meeting ID: 811 5029 6562 and Password: 484853
Call-In Options: +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown), +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
CONTINUATION OF EXERCISE
To encourage all participants to stay on a path of a healthy lifestyle, the YMCA is offering the following:
- Complete all 6 educational topics and receive a $15 Y-Buck coupon to participate in another Y program or as a discount towards your membership as well as a 1 Day Free Guest Pass to try the Y!
- Complete 4-5 educational topics and receive a $5 Y-Buck coupon to participate in another Y program or as a discount towards your membership!
Thanks to extra funding from the Annual Twin Counties Sugar Run, the Nash County Health Department and the Harrison Family YMCA has extended their partnership to make this program become monthly with more focused topics, incentives for exercise, and guest speakers.