IMAGINE AN END TO DIABETES
This program is an extension of the free Diabetes Educational Series that is offered by the Health Department at the YMCA quarterly throughout the year. The curriculum is taught by Diabetes Lifestyle Coaches and teaches participants the following:
- MANAGING BLOOD & A1C LEVELS
- TRACKING FAT AND CALORIE INTAKE
- PRACTICING HEALTHY EATING
- MANAGING STRESS
- EXERCISE, AND MUCH MORE
INFO TO KNOW
- Free & Open to the Community
- Limit of 20 participants per class
- You are not required to take the classes in any sequence. Anyone is encouraged to register for any and all classes they are interested in.
- Registration is required by the Friday before each class
DATES & TIME: 5:30-7:00 p.m. Virtually via Zoom (Zoom link will be sent out via email before each class)
May 9th, 2022 | MEDS & DIABETES: Follow the Doctor’s recommendation on medication to control diabetes
July 11th, 2022 | DON’T SUGARCOAT IT: Learn the difference between Prediabetes, Types 1, 2, and Gestational diabetes
Aug 8th, 2022 | COUNTING CARBS: Understanding healthy eating and carbs counting to control diabetes
Sep 12th, 2022 | GOT A SWEET TOOTH?: Healthy recipes to control diabetes and still enjoy what you are eating
Oct 10th, 2022 | STAY FIT AND DON’T QUIT: Learn about weight management to control diabetes and hear from a YMCA Special Guest on the importance of exercise
Nov 14th, 2022 | MEDS & DIABETES: Follow the Doctor’s recommendation on medication to control diabetes
CONTINUATION OF EXERCISE
To encourage all participants to stay on a path of a healthy lifestyle, the YMCA is offering the following:
- Complete all 6 educational topics and receive a $15 Y-Buck coupon to participate in another Y program or as a discount towards your membership as well as a 1 Day Free Guest Pass to try the Y!
- Complete 4-5 educational topics and receive a $5 Y-Buck coupon to participate in another Y program or as a discount towards your membership!