HERE WHEN YOU NEED US MOST DURING COVID-19
During this unprecedented time for our community, our state, and our country, the Y is stepping in to help fill community needs where we can be most helpful. We are now opening up our Child Care for emergency care/essential workers here at the YMCA, beginning Wednesday, March 25th. We will be following all recommendations to keep these children and families as safe as possible. Will be operating curbside drop off on the side entrance of our building. Child Care will include time for school work and other group activities.
- $35/day or $135/week
- Financial Assistance Available - Contact Ivy Averette at email@example.com
- Mondays - Fridays | 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
A SAFE PLACE TO LEARN & GROW
School Aged Before & After School Children will expand their learning beyond the classroom. We use a balanced curriculum with opportunities for character development, STEM activities, arts and humanities, community service and physical activity. We are here to provide your child with a safe, caring environment full of fun and learning!
Teen After School Academy Learning doesn’t stop after the school day ends. The Y provides the academic support needed to help teen students achieve their full potential. Each day is filled with educational activities that also incorporate health education, games, team building, homework support, and leadership training.
Ages 4-12: Y Future Leaders Childcare Center
Ages 13 & up: Y Teen After School Academy in Teen Center
Ages 4-14: All School Site Locations
- 12 locations
- Trained, nurturing staff
- Homework support
- Reading activities
- Social Emotional Learning
- Health education & Physical activity
- S.T.E.M. activities (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- Teen After School Academy option
- School Break Camp included
Typical Daily Schedule:
6:30am Arrival for Before School
6:30-8am Student choice time
8am Head to class
3-4pm Roll-call and snack
4-5pm Homework time
5-6pm Group activity time
6pm Pick up
Parent Need to Know Information
- All monthly rates cover days school is in session, school break days, early release and make-up days.
- $10 late fee applies after the 5th of the month.
- All rates are per child.
- We follow the NRMPS Calendar.
- All Teacher Workdays and Holidays will be billed separately at the School Break Camp rate, only if child is not enrolled and paid for current month.
- There will be no refunds for snow/weather days.
- YMCA Member Rates apply only to Family Memberships (One Adult Plus, Two Adult Plus or Three Adult Plus).
- There is a $25 enrollment fee for all before & after school care. Enrollment fees are annual, mandatory, non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Teachers must show school ID to get teacher rate (10% off), only for NRMPS teachers.
- Transportation provided from some locations to the Future Leaders Childcare Center (YMCA Site) After School Care. Please check with the Child Care Office for these locations.
- Drop-In Booklets must be used within the month purchased.
How to Register
Register online or complete the packet listed below and turn it into the front desk. You can also email the packet to the Youth and Family Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it in.
For more information, please contact the Childcare Office at 252-972-9622 x.239 or email@example.com.
FUTURE LEADERS CHILD CARE CENTER
HARRISON FAMILY YMCA
STATE LICENSED PROGRAM
FIVE STAR RATING
YMCA TEEN CENTER FOR 13 & UP
M.B. Hubbard Elementary*
Red Oak Elementary*
Spring Hope Elementary*
Swift Creek Elementary*
Swift Creek site participants are transported by the Y to Red Oak for Before & After School.
Winstead Avenue Elementary
Hobgood Charter School
*These locations also offer Before School Care beginning at 6:30am.
Pick-up is available from many Nash-Rocky Mount and Edgecombe County middle and elementary schools. Contact the Child Care office for specific pick up locations.
Y TRANSPORATION AVAILABLE for Fairview Elementary students to the Y After School Program Site and back home.
School Break Camp
NO SCHOOL? NO PROBLEM!
School Break Camp (YMCA Site Only)
School Break Camp is offered on days when Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools are out for teacher workdays and holidays. Activities will include swimming, games, arts & crafts, homework support and more!
- Free for Before/After School Participants (School Break Camp Fees are included if currently registered and paid for that month.)
- $30/YMCA Members
- $35/Community Members
Before/After School Forms
$25 one time enrollment fee
Future Leaders Child Care Center (YMCA Site)
- YMCA Member (plus account): $230/month
- Standard Rate: $250/month
- After School Care: $175/ month
- Before & After School: $215/ month
- Before School Care: $75/ month
School Break Camp (Available at the YMCA Site Only)
- After School Participant: School Break Camp is included in your monthly pricing. The current month must be paid. Registration still required and limited to 1st 100 due to state licensing capacity limitations.
- YMCA Member (plus account): $30/day
- Standard Rate: $35/day
Drop-In After School Care
- Future Leaders: $65/5 day booklet
- School Site: $50/5 day booklet
- Teen Academy: $55/5 day booklet
Teen Academy (YMCA Teen Center)
- YMCA Member (plus account): $200/month
- Standard Rate: $210/month
WELCOME TO ALL
Financial Assistance is available to those who apply and qualify. Annual Campaign Funds are raised by the Y each year to help provide this benefit to the community. The Y recognizes that some individuals and families struggle to pay the rent, put food on the table and buy clothes for their kids due to unforeseen circumstances. They need financial assistance to come to the Y, to stay healthy, to be active and to thrive in life. Through the annual campaign, we make sure that our doors are open to all. Donor support helps thousands of youth and families live healthier and happier lives. They do better in school. They manage their illnesses. And kids get a good square meal!
If you feel that you are in need of assistance to become a Y member or program participant, please ask for a financial assistance form at the front desk. You may also download and print from this page. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org