FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT
As a member of the Y, you are given complete and total access to all of our Aerobics/Group Exercise Classes. These are for members only and we, of course, welcome anyone from beginner to advanced. You can use the suggestions below as a guideline, but always feel free to try them all!
- If you are new to fitness, try a Family Class or Dance Fusion.
- If you are more advanced, check out Cycle, Body Sculpt and Zumba or Pilates.
- For a really intense workout, try Boot Camp, Power Sculpt or Insanity.
If you have any questions, contact Rebecca Bauguess, Group Exercise Coordinator, at 252-972-9622 x.246 or email@example.com .
*All classes involving the spin bike require sign up ahead of time via the sheet at the front desk. You may sign up one hour prior to the class. This is to ensure a bike is saved for you.
- Abs - 15 minutes of strictly abdominal workout!
- Aqua Zumba - Aqua Zumba® blends the Zumba® philosophy with water resistance, for one pool party you shouldn’t miss!
- Body Sculpt - Muscle toning using hand weights, resistance tubing, and other tools to strengthen major muscle groups.
- Boot Camp - You're in the Army now! A high-intensity class designed to increase cardiovascular endurance.
- Butts & Guts - A class set up in cardio and toning intervals, designed to strengthen the core, glutes, and thighs.
- Cardio Fusion - A variety of low impact moves and activities designed to achieve and maintain lifelong fitness, themed around the season!
- Cycle - A challenging "no impact" ride of your life!
- Cycle & Core - Start things off with an intense cycle session followed up with some core work!
- Cycle & Tai Chi - A blend of intense cycle before a recovering series of Tai Chi exercises.
- Dance Fusion - A fusion of dance and body sculpting exercises designed to help you meet your fitness goals and get your groove on!
- Enhance Fitness - An evidence-based group exercise program for older adults that uses simple, easy-to-learn movements that motivate individuals (particularly those with arthritis) to stay active throughout their life.
- Family Class - A rotating variety of family classes for parents and kids to do together. Classes include favorites such as Drums Alive, Rhythm Sticks, and more!
- HIIT - High-Intensity Interval Training!
- HIIT Step - A High-Intensity class that combines the use of the step with other cardio movements to give you a great full body workout!
- Kettlebell Interval - A total body workout using intervals that mixes strength and conditioning training in a fun and high energy class!
- Line Dancing - Variety of pop and country line dancing! Join the fun!
- Pedal & Pump - If you like cycle class then add some weights and you have pedal & pump! Come get your cardio and strength all wrapped up in one!
- Pilates - This class has an emphasis on core stabilization with proper body alignment to help improve strength, flexibility, balance, and coordination.
- Power Sculpt - Muscle toning combined with intense power moves and cardio intervals.
- Power Sculpt & Core - Traditional Power Sculpt class including muscle toning and power moves combined with intense core work!
- Silver Sneakers - Increase muscle strength, range of movement and activities of daily living while moving to the music with the use of hand-held weights, bands and more. This is targeted for Seniors and chairs will be provided for support.
- Yoga - Coordinated stretches and poses to improve flexibility and core body strength.
- Zumba - Let's Dance! This popular class features movements inspired by various styles of Latin American dance and popular music of today.
- Aquacise - This class is designed to allow individuals to exercise with less impact on the joints. It is a safe, efficient and fun way for people of all fitness levels to exercise. The workout involves nearly all muscle groups, while the water’s buoyancy provides extra cushion. Each class allows you to exercise at your own pace, helping to tone and improve your strength and flexibility.
- Arthritis Aquatic Program - This recreational class was designed for participants with arthritis, to safely keep your joints moving and improve your sense of well-being. Water is a safe, ideal environment for relieving arthritis pain and stiffness.
- Deep Water Aerobics - A fun and aerobic workout, this class works each major muscle group of the body through various cardio-respiratory activities. For this class, swimming ability is required because it is conducted in the deep end of the pool with each participant wearing a floatation belt.
- Shallow Water Aerobics - This challenging class is fast-paced and uses prolonged periods of aerobic activity to increase the capacity of your heart and lungs. Participants use large muscle groups in rhythmic continuous motions.
PDF Printable Schedules
MODIFIED MOVES MAXIMUM RESULTS
Enhance®Fitness is geared toward older adults of all fitness levels. If you have a chronic condition, such as arthritis, you may be able to gain more strength and independence. You will feel energized physically, mentally and socially- and be surrounded by people who care. Participants move at their most comfortable pace and are never pushed to do more than they can handle. Each class is taught by a certified instructor and focuses on cardiovascular endurance, strength, flexibility, and balance. 16-week program sessions.
Open Cycle Room
CYCLE WHEN YOU WANT
Our Cycle Studio is now open for cycle use during non-class times! If there is a class on the schedule, please feel free to join in on the class or wait until it is over for open studio use. Please plan your personal cycle time accordingly.
100 Class Pass Challenge
CLASSES CREATE MOTIVATION!
Earn a free month of membership!
Take 100 group or water fitness classes to get there. Grap a card from the front desk to keep track.
LesMills Group Exercise Classes
EMBRACE A NEW CHALLENGE
LES MILLS™ provides evidence-based group exercise programs around the world. Based on research, these classes will include specific moves and music to help participants fall in love with exercising, achieve life-changing fitness and truly see results. This fall, we will begin implementing virtual classes and a live version of BODYPUMP™!
Power Your Pulse Exercise Challenge
POWER YOUR PULSE
February 1, 2020 to March 31, 2020
The “Power Your Pulse” 60-day Challenge is a challenge to keep members pushing forward on their health journey after the New Years’ Resolutions wear off, as well as an opportunity to get more involved with what our cause-driven organization has to offer. Check out the tasks and prizes!