Martial Arts is a general term for different traditions of combat practice that exist in many cultures around the world. These traditions teach a combination of self-defense, competition, mental discipline, and personal development through a blend of Japanese and Korean disciplines. Martial arts classes at the Y consist of warm-up stretches, kicking, forms, cool-down stretches, and meditation. All programs focus on developing the character value traits of honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility.
Program Dates: Dates to be announced.
If you are unsure of which class level best fits the student, the instructor will make a class level suggestion.
Ages: 5 & up
Location: YMCA Multi-Purpose Room
- $45 per month | 2 classes a week
- $25 per month | 1 class a week
- $55 per month | 2 classes a week
- $35 per month | 1 class a week
Available Class Levels:
- Beginner: Mondays & Thursday from 5-6pm
- Intermediate: Mondays & Thursdays from 6:15-7:15pm
You can register online or by filling out the form below and turning it at the front desk.
Info to Know:
- Uniforms can be ordered through the YMCA at a $20 fee at the front desk.
- If the child is enrolled in after-school care, they will receive 15% off of program fee.
- Students can be walked to Martial Arts from YMCA after-school by counselors.
- Parents/families will not be allowed to stay in the program area. They can attend on show days, which will be the last Thursday of each month.
- Proper Karate attire: Comfortable shorts or pants & tee shirt or Karate Uniform.
- A monthly draft option is available.
- Parent sign-in/sign out required.
- 15% of the program fee will be non-refundable should the registration be canceled by the registrant. 100% will be refunded should the program be canceled by the Y.
- There is a $10 fee for returned payments.
- Pricing is per monthly session.
For more information, contact 252-972-9622 x.227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WELCOME TO ALL
Financial Assistance is available to those who apply and qualify. Annual Campaign Funds are raised by the Y each year to help provide this benefit to the community. The Y recognizes that some individuals and families struggle to pay the rent, put food on the table and buy clothes for their kids due to unforeseen circumstances. They need financial assistance to come to the Y, to stay healthy, to be active and to thrive in life. Through the annual campaign, we make sure that our doors are open to all. Donor support helps thousands of youth and families live healthier and happier lives. They do better in school. They manage their illnesses. And kids get a good square meal!
If you feel that you are in need of assistance to become a Y member or program participant, please ask for a financial assistance form at the front desk. You may also download and print from this page. For more information, contact email@example.com