STRONG CHARACTER. STRONG PLAYERS.
Flag Football at the Y is a co-ed league, non- contact sport using flag belts. We will be using USA Football curriculum and the NFL Flag Rule Book, guidelines and coaching resources.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BY APRIL 13TH *If registering after this date, the child will be placed on teams at random*
All of our programs focus on developing the character traits of Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility. Staff also work with youth through the following practice areas:
- EMOTION MANAGEMENT: Adults support youth to be aware of and constructively handle both positive and challenging emotions.
- EMPATHY: Adults work with youth to relate to others with acceptance, understanding, and sensitivity to diverse perspectives and experiences.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Adults encourage youth to act, persist, and initiate goals and outcomes even through the upts and down of difficult situations and challenges.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING: Adults foster experiences where youth plan, collaborate, and coordinate action with others.
- RESPONSIBILITY: Adults develop youth to be reliable and committed and to fulfill obligations and challenging roles.
Week of April 20th - May 25th
6 Week Season with 5 Games
Tentative Game/Practice Schedule
Practices on Tuesdays or Thursdays
Games on Saturdays
AGE GROUPS *Age groups are subject to change based on registration numbers*
- 4 - 6 year olds
- 7 - 9 year olds
- 10 - 12 year olds
FEES & INFO
- $50/YMCA Members
- $60/Community Members
- 15% of program fee will be non-refundable should the registration be cancelled by the participant
- $10 fee will be charged for returned payments
- Required: All players must have and wear a mouth guard and wear athletic bottoms with no pockets during play.
- Recommended: Cleats
- Provided by the Y: Team Jersey, Flag Belts, Footballs, All game day and practice equipment
HOW ARE TEAMS MADE
Teams are made based off age, playing experience, and practice time availability. We will honor as many team requests as we can; however, requests are not guaranteed.
Participants are broken into teams and are led by volunteer coaches. All Volunteer Coaches go through our volunteer process including signing waivers and completing a background check, as well as training. Opportunities are available for Coaches and Assistant Coaches for each team. The program is managed and led by the Youth & Family Director.
Flag Football Brochure & Registration Form
WELCOME TO ALL
Financial Assistance is available to those who apply and qualify. Annual Campaign Funds are raised by the Y each year to help provide this benefit to the community. The Y recognizes that some individuals and families struggle to pay the rent, put food on the table and buy clothes for their kids due to unforeseen circumstances. They need financial assistance to come to the Y, to stay healthy, to be active and to thrive in life. Through the annual campaign, we make sure that our doors are open to all. Donor support helps thousands of youth and families live healthier and happier lives. They do better in school. They manage their illnesses. And kids get a good square meal!
If you feel that you are in need of assistance to become a Y member or program participant, please ask for a financial assistance form at the front desk. You may also download and print from this page. For more information, contact email@example.com
Become a Sponsor
HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE
If you are looking for a way to make a difference in the community as well as advertise your business, consider becoming a sponsor of the Harrison Family YMCA. Sponsoring a program with the Y is giving to a cause and promotion community involvement. Your contributions support and help us further our mission of "putting Christian principles into practice to improve the quality of life in our communities with programs and services that strengthen the spirit, mind and body for all."