STRONG SWIMMERS, CONFIDENT KIDS
Group Swim Lessons for Kids
This new curriculum will help bridge the gap between learning to swim and water safety. Parents can also use our Lesson Selector to easily determine stage placement for where their child will start. Also, each child gets to take a photo on our Achievement Banner after passing their session! Please click on the Group Swim Lessons Brochure under the PDF Printable schedules bubble to see group lesson fees and schedule.
*Please ask front desk for lesson selector form to determine stage placement for your child.
Swim Starters: Accompanied by a parent, infants and toddlers learn to be comfortable in the water and develop swim readiness skills through fun and confidence building experiences, while parents learn about water safety, drowning prevention, and the importance or supervision.
- A/Water Discovery: Parents accompany children in stage A, which introduces infants and toddlers to the aquatic environment through exploration and encourages them to enjoy themselves while learning about the water.
- B/Water Exploration: In stage B, parents work with their children to explore body positions, floating, blowing bubbles, and fundamental safety and aquatic skills.
Swim Basics: Students learn personal water safety and achieve basic swimming competency by learning two benchmark skills: (1) Swim, float, swim—sequencing front glide, roll, back float, roll, front glide, and exit (2) Jump, push, turn, grab
- 1/Water Acclimation: Students develop comfort with underwater exploration and learn to safely exit in the event of falling into a body of water. This stage lays the foundation that allows for a student’s future progress in swimming.
- 2/Water Movement: Students focus on body position and control, directional change, and forward movement in the water while also continuing to practice how to safely exit in the event of falling into a body of water.
- 3/Water Stamina: Students learn how to swim to safety from a longer distance than in previous stages in the event of falling into a body of water. This stage introduces rhythmic breathing and integrated arm and leg action.
Swim Strokes: Having mastered the fundamentals, students learn additional water safety skills that prevent chronic disease, increase social-emotional and cognitive well-being, and foster a lifetime of physical activity.
- 4/Stroke Introduction: Students develop stroke technique in front crawl and back crawl and learn the breaststroke kick and butterfly kick. Water safety is reinforced through treading water and elementary backstroke.
- 5/Stroke Development: Students work on stroke technique and learn all major competitive strokes. The emphasis on water safety continues through treading water and sidestroke.
- 6/Stroke Mechanics: Students refine stroke technique on all major competitive strokes, learn about competitive swimming, and discover how to incorporate swimming into a healthy lifestyle.
Group Swim Lessons for Adults
Swim lessons are for all ages. Swimming is a very important life skill that every-one should learn. Adult/Teen group lessons are available for ages 13 & up.
- Member fee: $25
- Non-Member fee: $32
Private Swim Lessons
Our private swim lessons are for ages 3 to adult for people who are interested in individual attention
- Beginner to Advanced
- Personalized Program based on Individual goals
For more information, contact Kaila Billups, Aquatics Director, at 252-972-9622 x. 235 or email@example.com