EXERCISE IS MEDICINE
This program is the development and implementation of fitness programming for clients that have been released from physical therapy, as advised by their doctor. It is also intended for clients who suffer from chronic diseases, disabilities and potentially debilitating medical conditions. Please know that our Post-Rehabilitation Fitness Specialist will not provide any aspect of medical treatment of a client’s condition.
The benefits from a comprehensive fitness program will improve your quality of life and increase independence in daily living. Using an individualized approach, we will be able to assess, motivate, educate and train clients of all ages regarding their specific health and fitness needs.
About our AFPA Post-Rehab Exercise Specialist
Sharon Simons: Our specialist is knowledgeable about anatomy, exercise physiology, injury prevention, monitoring of exercise intensity, and also certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) as well as first aid. You will always be given a customized program and encouraged to go at your own pace.
- Single Session: $40/hour YMCA Members & $50/hour for Non-Members
- Five Session Package: $175 for YMCA Members & $225 for Non-Members
- Ten Session Package: $300 for YMCA Members & $400 for Non-Members
How to register
- Please complete a registration form and turn into the front desk to register. After registering, our specialist will call you to schedule an appointment.
- We will require a medical clearance from your physician and indications of any limitations that you may have related to your conditions.
- If a client must cancel, they must notify the specialist at least 12 hours in advance or it could result in forfeiting a session. In the case of cancellation by the participant, 15% of the program fee will be non-refundable.
For more information, contact Sharon Simons at 252-972-9622 x.246 or firstname.lastname@example.org