Attention Y members and program participants,
An All Staff Gathering was scheduled for this past weekend, which required attendance from all employees, but was outside of the normal operating hours. Due to Hurricane Florence, we were forced to reschedule this meeting during normal operating hours. The gathering will now be held on Thursday, September 27th from 6:30-9 p.m. at an off-site location. The purpose of this event is to train and continuously remind all staff on the most effective ways to live out the YMCA mission and celebrate everyone's role in fulfilling this for our community.
To fully impact our staff and minimize inconveniences for our members and participants, we will remain open during this time for normal membership operations. To allow the greatest staff attendance possible, we will need to alter the schedule of other areas and programming as follows:
- Child Watch will close at 4:30 p.m.
- After School Care will continue as normal.
- Group Exercise Classes in the Wellness area will be canceled at 5:30 p.m. and after.
- Aquatics and Gymnastics Activities will continue until 6:00 p.m.
- The Tots Play Program will be canceled and rescheduled.
- The Martial Arts Class running from 5-6 p.m. will continue. The 6:15-7:15 p.m. class will be canceled and rescheduled.
We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and hope that everyone will understand the importance of this event for our staff and community. Program Directors will reach out to you for any rescheduling or changes to programs. To reach out to them directly, please see the contact information below.
Liz Lord, Membership & Engagement Director
252-972-9622 ext. 256
Brett Van Pelt, Wellness Director
252-972-9622 ext. 245
Kaila Billups, Aquatics & Gymnastics Director
252-972-9622 ext. 235
Adam Crider, Youth Development Director
252-972-9622 ext. 227
Tracy Dodrill, Child Care Administrator
252-972-9622 ext. 239
OUR STATE OF THE ART FACILITY
- The Rocky Mount Family YMCA, Inc. (Now d/b/a Harrison Family YMCA) was founded in 1911
- Members: 6,978
- Annual Budget: $2.9 Million
- Employees: 172
- Volunteers: 375
- Square Footage: 85,00
- Racquetball Courts (2)
- Basketball Courts (3)
- Upgraded Cardio & Strength Equipment- updated every 3 years
- Free Weights
- Walking Track
- Open Swim Time
- Spa/Hot Tub
- Steam Rooms (2- 1 in the Womens' Locker Room and 1 in the Mens')
- Locker Rooms (Mens, Womens, Girls, Boys, Family)
- Recreational Pool & Competition Pool
- Competition Pool with Handicapped Pool Lift: 25 yards in length, Pool temperature: 82-83 degrees, Four feet deep in shallow end to nine feet in deep end
- Recreation Pool with Pool Slide and Handicapped Pool Lift: 20 yards in length, Pool temperature: 86-87 degrees, 30” wide with 6” riser steps across entire shallow end, Three feet in shallow end to 6 feet in deep end.
Our Y has guidelines to follow to ensure safety for everyone.
Rentals and Parties
RENT OUR Y FOR YOUR NEXT CELEBRATION!
Book your next event or party at the Y today!
2018 HOLIDAY HOURS:
New Year’s Day | Monday, January 1 | 11am-5pm
Easter | Sunday, April 1 | Closed
Memorial Day | Monday, May 28 | Closed
Independence Day | Wednesday, July 4 | Closed
Labor Day | Monday, September 3 | Closed
Thanksgiving | Thursday, November 22 | Closed
Christmas Eve | Monday, December 24 | Close at 3pm
Christmas | Tuesday, December 25 | Closed
New Year’s Eve | Monday, December 31 | Close at 3pm