CONFIDENCE WITH EVERY STROKE
Private lessons are great for individuals who need a flexible schedule, or who want to achieve specific goals. Lots of people learn to swim at the YMCA under the patient and skillful direction of YMCA aquatics professionals. Enjoy one-on-one lessons to work at your own pace. Once you learn to swim, you’ll never feel unsafe around water, and you can enjoy the many physical benefits regular swimming can provide. This is a life-long skill that will stay with you forever.
- Individual Attention
- Ages 3 to Adult
- Beginner to Advanced
- Personalized Program based on Individual goals
Private Swim Lesson Fees
4 Lesson One-On-One Session: $65 for members and $80 for community members
4 Lesson Session Shared***: $32.50 per person for members and $40 per person for community members.
***Shared lessons work best when both participants are of similar age and swimming ability. The Y is not responsible for assigning partners. It is encouraged that you register with the person you intend to share lessons with.
- A session consists of four 30-minute lessons.
- Two participants may share the same lesson time and instructor.
- Once you register, you will be placed on a waitlist based on your payment date and time, in the order, it is received. Due to the extremely high demand for private lessons, it takes anywhere from 2-3 weeks after registration to be contacted for payment and to schedule your lessons with an instructor. Once contacted, lessons can be scheduled based on the availability of the participant and the instructor.
- A specific instructor and a desired lesson day/time may be requested.
- Lessons will be scheduled based on instructor/participant availability and pool schedule.
- Participants must contact the instructor at least 12 hours in advance to cancel. Failure to provide 12 hours notice will result in the participant being charged for one lesson.
- REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS: If canceled by the Y, a 100% refund will be processed. If canceled by the participant,15% of the program fee will be non-refundable. If a lesson is canceled due to weather or other uncontrollable circumstances, a makeup lesson or future credit will be offered. Missed classes due to illness, scheduling conflicts, vacations, and other activities will not be rescheduled or refunded.