STRETCH YOUR LIMITS
Positive, fun activities that develop athletic ability, advance social development, and strengthen interpersonal skills!
All members and program participants should check in at the front desk befass.
Our staff works with youth through the following practice areas:
1. EMOTION MANAGEMENT Adults support youth to be aware of and constructively handle both positive and challenging emotions.
2. EMPATHY Adults work with youth to relate to others with acceptance, understanding, and sensitivity to diverse perspectives and experiences.
3. PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT Adults encourage youth to act, persist, and initiate goals and outcomes even through the ups and downs of difficult situations and challenges.
4. RELATIONSHIP BUILDING Adults foster experiences where youth plan, collaborate, and coordinate action with others.
5. RESPONSIBILITY Adults develop youth to be reliable and committed and to fulfill obligations and challenging roles.
WELCOME TO ALL
Financial Assistance is available to those who apply and qualify. Annual Campaign Funds are raised by the Y each year to help provide this benefit to the community. The Y recognizes that some individuals and families struggle to pay the rent, put food on the table and buy clothes for their kids due to unforeseen circumstances. They need financial assistance to come to the Y, to stay healthy, to be active and to thrive in life. Through the annual campaign, we make sure that our doors are open to all. Donor support helps thousands of youth and families live healthier and happier lives. They do better in school. They manage their illnesses. And kids get a good square meal!
If you feel that you are in need of assistance to become a Y member or program participant, please ask for a financial assistance form at the front desk. You may also download and print from this page. For more information, contact email@example.com
Before You Begin
No shoes or socks are allowed in the gymnastics area, cubbies are provided to hold your belongings during class - please only bring what you need.
No long jewelry is allowed
Children must be signed in and out of programming (please do not leave your child unattended until the class has begun)
Sign In is located on the blue cubbies to the left by the curtain
Sign Out is located on the blue cubbies to the right by the blue wall
Please have your children use the restroom before participating in class as most of our recreational classes are only an hour long and we want them to have as much instructional time as possible!
Gymnastics Team Info To Know
• All Gymnasts are required to have a YMCA Membership.
• There is a $5/Month discount for each additional child that registers within your household.
• Healthy snacks will be provided to gymnasts through the Cape Fear Food Program.
• 15% of the program fee will be non-refundable should the registration be canceled by the participant.
• $10 fee will be charged for returned payments.
• ONLY Participants and coaches are allowed in program areas. All observers must remain outside of the program areas.
• No food or drink is allowed in the program areas.
• Proper attire: (There are no attire requirements for beginner classes. We encourage wearing something that is comfortable like athletic shorts/leggings and a t-shirt, leotards are welcome.)
• Leotard or t-shirt and shorts/leggings
• No Sneakers
• Dance Shoes or Bare Feet
• Hair should be tied back
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS: If canceled by the Y, a 100% refund will be processed. If canceled by the participant, 15% of the program fee will be non-refundable. If a class is canceled due to weather or other uncontrollable circumstances, a makeup class or future credit will be offered. Missed classes due to illness, scheduling conflicts, vacations, and other activities will not be rescheduled or refunded.
Competitive Gymnastics Team Brochure & Registration Form
Recreational Gymnastics Brochure and Registration Form
Youth Program Sign In and Sign Out Policy
For all youth programs, ages 10 and under have to be signed in and out by an authorized parent/ guardian. See program instructor for sign in/sign out procedures.