HELPING YOU REACH YOUR GOALS
Personal Training offers you a one-on-one experience to become your best self. Our trainers will give you that individual attention you need, a personalized program tailored to individual goals and structured, safe and effective workouts. All trainers are certified by nationally accredited fitness associations. They have experience working with a wide range of clients.
Motivation, empowerment and succeeding in your personal goals are three very good reasons to work with a personal trainer. A personal trainer prepares your workout agenda, keeps you on task, and encourages you to try your hardest and do your best. Plus, knowing he or she is waiting for you makes it harder to quit! Personal trainers are for everyone. Look around the wellness floor; personal trainers are working with teens, seniors and adults … anyone interested in a healthier lifestyle.
• Two Sessions (30 min each): $40
• Ten Sessions (30 min each): $175
• Twenty Sessions (30 min each): $300
• Ten Sessions (60 min each): $300
• Consultation: $40/hr
• Two Sessions (30 min each): $50
• Ten Sessions (30 min each): $225
• Twenty Sessions (30 min each): $350
• Ten Sessions (60 min each): $350
• Consultation: $50/hr
Benefits of Working With A Trainer
• Individual Attention
• Personalized Program tailored to individual goals
• Stuctured, Safe and Effective Workouts
• All trainers are certified by nationally accredited fitness associations.
• Our trainers have experience working with a wide range of clients.
• Some trainers are qualified to address specific health issues such as Type II Diabetes, Hypertension, Osteoporosis, Arthritis, etc.
Info to Know
15% of the program fee will be nonrefundable should the registration be canceled by the registrant. 100% will be refunded should the program be canceled by the Y.
• There is $10 fee for returned payments.
• Pricing is per hour.
• If a client must cancel, they must notify the trainer directly at least 12 hours in advance or it could result in forfeiting a session.
• Sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase or you will forfeit sessions.
• Consultations may be used to discuss goals, perform fitness evaluations, and discuss nutrition information.
For more information, contact Healthy Living Director, at 252-972-9622 x.245.
Personal Training Brochure & Registration Form
Meet Your Trainers
Joy Lane is a Certified Medical Exercise Specialist (CMES) through the American Council on Exercise (ACE) and a Certified Personal Trainer through the International Sports and Fitness Trainers Association. She earned a Bachelor of Science Degree from The Ohio State University in Physical Therapy and a Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Joy is also a long-time member of the YMCA and also served six years on the Board of Directors.
“I am a certified personal trainer under ISSA, someone who is motivated to motivate others. I believe in fitness with style. My goal is to make you feel, and look good with any style of clothes you try on from Summer to Winter. Also educated in instructing proper lifting, so that we may get the most out of that particular muscle group we are targeting. I enjoy making workouts fun, but also rewarding. I believe in making the muscles do the work, so the joints won’t hurt.”
“I have been working with the YMCA for 4 years. I am IFTA (Interactive Fitness Trainers of America) certified for group fitness and I teach a variety of classes, such as HIIT, Kettlebell, Pilates etc. My personal trainer certification is with NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine). I am dedicated to leading, instructing, and motivating individuals or groups in exercise activities, including cardiovascular exercise, strength training, and stretching. I focus on integrated training, confidence in movement, and exercise programs for the participant based on fitness level and the participant's goals.”
“I have been an IFTA certified PT for several years for the YMCA. I enjoy helping members reach their personal fitness goals through one on one weight training. My goal is to insure my clients have a clear understanding of how the body works to train each individual muscle. This ensures each muscle group is trained to its fullest potential.”
Known as KILLER for his reputation of pushing clients harder and further, Kenny has over 40 years of experience in weightlifting, martial arts, and the study of the human body. Quick to pick up on the strengths and limitations of clients, he knows the correct way to build and train. Being instinctively aware of mistakes many people make that will cause more harm than good, he has a great handle on the SLOW AND CONTROLLED method of weightlifting to best help clients reach their goals. Kenny believes that the body is one of God’s great gifts. Allow Killer to develop yours into its full potential.