REDEFINE YOUR HEALTH
At the Harrison Family YMCA, we know fitness and overall wellness involves more than working out. It's about making good choices to live well inside and out. You’re not only supported by our staff, but you’re also part of a community that helps you be your best self at every age. Whether you’re looking to lose weight, get stronger, eat healthier, fight disease, improve your energy, or lower stress, we have people and programs in place to help.
FIND THE Y IN YOU
All youth programs focus on the character development values of Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility. Modified and limited programs are available during this time. Safety is our top priority and we have updated our policies and procedures for all operating programs to reflect that. Click here for more information regarding our response to COVID-19.
Wondering about Gymnastics? We are currently not able to operate that program but are working to get it back running sometime this Fall.
Youth Program Questions? Email Senior Program Director, Kaila Billups, at email@example.com.
Out of School Care
HERE FOR YOUR OUT OF SCHOOL CARE NEEDS
Our Out of School Care Programs have been updated for Learning Academy and After School Care, beginning October 19th, with the updated plans from Nash County Public Schools.
The Y is here to provide programs for your out of school care needs. We understand that taking care of your children is not just "caring" for them, but continued learning support, teaching character values, and more. We also work hard to provide flexibility and affordability within our programs.
We focus our curriculums in the following practice areas:
- EMOTION MANAGEMENT: Adults support youth to be aware of and constructively handle both positive and challenging emotions.
- EMPATHY: Adults work with youth to relate to others with acceptance, understanding, and sensitivity to diverse perspectives and experiences.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Adults encourage youth to act, persist, and initiate goals and outcomes even through the ups and downs of difficult situations and challenges.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING: Adults foster experiences where youth plan, collaborate, and coordinate action with others.
- RESPONSIBILITY: Adults develop youth to be reliable and committed and to fulfill obligations and challenging roles.
For more information, please contact Youth & Family Director, Ivy Averette, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adult Locker Rooms
- Family Locker Rooms
- Recreational Pool
- Competition Pool
- Slide in Pool
- Racquetball Courts
- Steam Room
- Dry Sauna
- Child Watch
- Indoor Walking Track
- Cardio Equipment
- Strength Equipment
- Wellness Center
- Climbing Wall
- Childcare Center