ADVENTURE IS AWAITING YOU!
Developing character, Learning new things, Making new friends, Playing in the sunshine, but playing it safe.
Camp may look a little different this year, but the Y is still here to serve you in the most meaningful, safest way.
Virtual Camp Open House
We hosted a Virtual Camp Open House via Zoom for all parents interested in Summer Camp. Learn about our enhanced policies and procedures around safety, camp schedules, what to bring to camp, how to register, and more. If you missed our Virtual Camp Open House, click here to watch the recording.
Harrison Family YMCA | 1000 Independence Drive Rocky Mount, NC
Pre K-Kindergarten, 1st-2nd, 3rd-4th, 5th-6th, 7th & up
*based on grade in August 2020
May 26th-August 21st | Mondays-Fridays | 7:00 am-6:00 pm (13 weeks)
Weekly Fee Option
• Y Member: $135/week
• Community Member: $150/week
Drop-In Fee Option
(We will only be providing a 3-day drop-in option)
•Y Member: $90
•Community Member: $105
*$10/Week Non-Refundable Deposit is required upon registration. This is taken out of the monthly fee.*
At this time, we will give full refunds to anyone who decides to not attend camp due to the current circumstances in light of COVID-19. However if your child does attend for a week or partial week, our current refund policy will remain intact.
How To Register:
Option 1: You may register online.
• All signatures will be captured through online registration.
• You will receive an email that includes a reminder that immunization records and a color photo must be submitted through email or at the YMCA once we are open, to be considered a complete registration.
Option 2: Through Email
• Parents can email in the PDF-fillable registration packet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• After the registration packet is submitted, you will receive an email with docu-sign documents that require a signature. These documents will include: Assumption of Risk, Waiver, Release, and Indemnity Agreement – Indoor Climbing Wall Program, COVID-19 Minor Participant Waiver, Release, Indemnification, & Covenant, Authorization and Release and Use of Image, Authorization, and Receipt of Parent Handbook, Discipline and Behavior Management Policy, and Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement.
• Once all forms are signed and submitted, you will receive a phone call from the Y in order to pay your deposit and secure your spot in camp or on the waiting list.
Registrations will not be considered complete without an Immunization Record and All Signed Documents.
EVERY CHILD DESERVES THE BEST. SUMMER. EVER!
Closing the Learning Gap
At the Y, we think Summer is a time every child deserves. The learning gap between the end of the school year and the start of the next school year is increasing with each year. This issue will be even more prevelant this year with the COVID-19 crisis. Our curriculum includes 2 hours per day of enrichment time that, through research, has been proven to help close this learning gap.
Financial Assistance applications are available at the Front Desk or online. Assistance is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Financial Assistance deadline is May 24th, 2020. Department of Social Services Vouchers are also accepted.
Join our Remind Text Message System to receive Summer Camp updates, reminders, weekly themes, and other information! Just text "@y-camp-20" to 81010.
For more information, contact Ivy Averette, Youth & Family Director at 252-972-9622 x. 239. or email@example.com.
Parent Need To Know Info! *Please Read.*
- Registration and waivers must be completed prior to attending camp.
- Campers should bring a swimsuit and towel on their assigned swim days.
- Campers should come to camp prepared for fun activities! Please wear comfortable clothing and closed-toed shoes.
- Payment or draft authorization is required upon registration.
- Balance for each week is due no later than the Friday prior. Any unpaid openings will become available spots for other participants.
- To attend camp the following week, any prior attended weeks must be paid in full.
- Any cancellations must be received no later than the Thursday prior to the week registered for to avoid being charged a $25 no-show fee. Space is limited.
*NEW* RIDES IN/OUT PROCEDURE
In order to keep our campers and staff safe, we are starting a new check in/check out camp tradition! Click here to watch a short video on our Check In/Out Process.
- Check in: Between the hours of 6:30-8:00 am all children should be dropped off at our check in station, located on the side of the building.
- Check Out: Between the hours of 4:30-6:00 pm we will conduct check out outside; same location as check in. When you arrive, we will bring your child to your car.
Weekly Camp Newsletters
WELCOME TO ALL
Financial Assistance is available to those who apply and qualify. Annual Campaign Funds are raised by the Y each year to help provide this benefit to the community. The Y recognizes that some individuals and families struggle to pay the rent, put food on the table and buy clothes for their kids due to unforeseen circumstances. They need financial assistance to come to the Y, to stay healthy, to be active and to thrive in life. Through the annual campaign, we make sure that our doors are open to all. Donor support helps thousands of youth and families live healthier and happier lives. They do better in school. They manage their illnesses. And kids get a good square meal!
If you feel that you are in need of assistance to become a Y member or program participant, please ask for a financial assistance form at the front desk. You may also download and print from this page. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ACTIVITIES & KEEPING CAMPERS SAFE
Each age group will have a weekly schedule that will include the following activities below. Daily schedules create an intentional and routine experience for campers.
Healthy Breakfast, Lunch & Snack Provided.
Swim Team Each Week.
Learning Enrichment Time Our curriculum includes 2 hours per day of enrichment time that, through research, has been proven to help close this learning gap.
Positive Reinforcement of Good Character Fun incentive programs will be included during huddle group times to encourage campers to build chracter through the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Variety Activities Exploring a range of activities throughout the camp session allows campers to discover their interests and talents. Variety activities tend to be more general, focusing on trying new things and connecting with others.
Huddle Groups: Campers will remain separate at all times throughout the day to limit the spread of germs and to help maintain social distancing.
Morning and Afternoon Assembly: In order to maintain a fun and inclusive camp culture while maintaining strict social distancing guidelines we will be moving our assembly’s to our large soccer field! We will keep the spirit alive with dance party’s, counselor contest, and camper recognition
Spirit Day each week: We are replacing our field trips this year with spirit days each week that coincide with our weekly theme. We will have fun challenges, games, and adventure courses to be completed and our campers are encouraged to dress up for the day!
Weekly Camp Themes
Week 1 (May 26th -29th): Big Summer Blowout!
Week 2 (June 1st - June 5th): Super Hero
Week 3 (June 8th - June 12th): Mad About Science!
Week 4 (June 15th - June 19th): Galaxy
Week 5 (June 22nd - June 26th): X-Games
Week 6 (June 29th - July 3rd): Party in the USA!
Week 7 (July 6th - July 10th): Into the Wild
Week 8 (July 13th - July 17th): Super Splash Week!
Week 9 (July 20th - July 24th): Olympics
Week 10 (July 27th – July 31st): Survivor
Week 11 (August 3rd - August 7th): Camp's Got Talent!
Week 12 (August 10th - August 14th): Blast from the Past
Week 13 (August 17th - August 21st): Lights, Camera, Action
Summer Feeding Resource
The Summer Feeding Program program allows faith-based institutions and other community groups to offer nutritious meals to sites in Nash and Edgecombe counties. The YMCA is including as one of those Summer Feeding Sites!
- Must let us know ahead of time to be included in the count for food.
- Please Contact Vanessa Gaston at 252-972-9622 ext. 241
- At the YMCA facility. Must be 18 years of age and under.
- May 26, 2020-Aug 21, 2020
- Breakfast: 8:00-9:00
- Lunch: 12:15-1:15