FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT
As a member of the Y, you are given complete and total access to all of our Aerobics/Group Exercise Classes. These are for members only and we, of course, welcome anyone from beginner to advanced. You can use the suggestions below as a guideline, but always feel free to try them all!
- If you are new to fitness, try a Family Class or Dance Fusion.
- If you are more advanced, check out Cycle, Body Sculpt and Zumba or Pilates.
- For a really intense workout, try Boot Camp, Power Sculpt or Insanity.
If you have any questions, contact Brett Van Pelt, Wellness Director, at 252-972-9622 x.245 or email@example.com
- Abs - 15 minutes of strictly abdominal workout!
- Aqua Zumba - Aqua Zumba® blends the Zumba® philosophy with water resistance, for one pool party you shouldn’t miss!
- Body Sculpt - Muscle toning using hand weights, resistance tubing and other tools to strengthen major muscle groups.
- Boot Camp - You're in the Army now! A high intensity class designed to increase cardio-vascular endurance.
- Butts & Guts - A class set up in cardio and toning intervals, designed to strengthen the core, glutes and thighs.
- Cardio Fusion - A variety of low impact moves and activities designed to achieve and maintain lifelong fitness, themed around the season!
- Cycle - A challenging "no impact" ride of your life!
- Cycle & Core - Start things off with an intense cycle session followed up with some core work!
- Cycle & Tai Chi - A blend of intense cycle before a recovering series of Tai Chi exercises.
- Dance Fusion - A fusion of dance and body sculpting exercises designed to help you meet your fitness goals and get your groove on!
- Enhance Fitness - An evidence-based group exercise program for older adults that uses simple, easy-to-learn movements that motivate individuals (particularly those with arthritis) to stay active throughout their life.
- Family Class - A rotating variety of family classes for parents and kids to do together. Classes include favorites such as Drums Alive, Rhythm Sticks, and more!
- HIIT - High-Intensity Interval Training!
- HIIT Step - A High-Intensity class that combines the use of the step with other cardio movements to give you a great full body workout!
- Kettlebell Interval - A total body workout using intervals that mixes strength and conditioning training in a fun and high energy class!
- Line Dancing - Variety of pop and country line dancing! Join the fun!
- Pedal & Pump - If you like cycle class then add some weights and you have pedal & pump! Come get your cardio and strength all wrapped up in one!
- Pilates - This class has an emphasis on core stabilization with proper body alignment to help improve strength, flexibility, balance, and coordination.
- Power Sculpt - Muscle toning combined with intense power moves and cardio intervals.
- Power Sculpt & Core - Traditional Power Sculpt class including muscle toning and power moves combined with intense core work!
- Silver Sneakers - Increase muscle strength, range of movement and activities of daily living while moving to the music with the use of hand-held weights, bands and more. This is targeted for Seniors and chairs will be provided for support.
- Yoga - Coordinated stretches and poses to improve flexibility and core body strength.
- Zumba - Let's Dance! This popular class features movements inspired by various styles of Latin American dance and popular music of today.
PDF Printable Schedules
MODIFIED MOVES MAXIMUM RESULTS
Enhance®Fitness is geared toward older adults of all fitness levels. If you have a chronic condition, such as arthritis, you may be able to gain more strength and independence. You will feel energized physically, mentally and socially- and be surrounded by people who care. Participants move at their most comfortable pace and are never pushed to do more than they can handle. Each class is taught by a certified instructor and focuses on cardiovascular endurance, strength, flexibility, and balance. 16-week program sessions.
Power Your Pulse Exercise Challenge
POWER YOUR PULSE
The “Power Your Pulse” 60-day Challenge is a challenge to keep members pushing forward on their health journey after the New Years’ Resolutions wear off, as well as an opportunity to get more involved with what our cause-driven organization has to offer. Check out the tasks and prizes!