SNOW DAY WORKOUT
Bad weather might keep you from getting to the Y for your workout, but you can stay on track right at home until the roads are clear.
Our YMCA Wellness Directors recommend these easy tips from FitWatch until you can get back to the YMCA.
- Jumping Jacks are not just for kids!
- Jog in place. Watch TV or listen to music.
- Push-ups may not be your favorite. But bending your knees while doing them is easier, allows you to build arm strength and gives your chest muscles a workout.
- Crunches. Don’t worry about bringing your head all the way up. If you feel the burn, your body is benefitting.
- Leg Lifts give your leg muscles a boost. It’s ok to keep your knees slightly bent.
- Light Weight Lifting doesn't require fancy equipment. Pick up canned vegetables or water jugs.
Some of our Y members enjoy the wintery outside air. It can be invigorating, but if you’re going for a walk, run or hike, wear reflective gear and don’t forget the warm clothing like wool socks. It’s also important to let a family member or friend know where you’re headed and when you’re expecting to return. Take your cell phone and don’t forget to stay hydrated!